PRIMAL Health Coaching

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2022

WHAT I DO

I often get asked what I do from a workout perspective. Here is a basic outline. I am a 58 year old male, about 9% body fat, decent strength, power, and mobility. This is much different then my routine 25 years ago, it has been modified based on my goals, age, seasons, etc. The main goal now is to become a kick ass 100 year old. I actually feel better than I did 25 years ago. 1. Once a week I do a longer resistance training routine (40 Min),full body, functional movements. dips, pullups, sled, step ups, split squats, etc. I try to do mostly unilateral exercises, keep my strength, power, and mobility equal on each side. 2. Yoga - 3-5 times per week. Variety of types. Restore, mobility, hot, power, etc. 3. Sprints. Max effort 1-3 times per week. 5 x 10-20 seconds, 1-2 minutes recovery, uphill sprints, assault bike, rower, ski erg, etc. Outside whenever possible. 4. Kettlebells and Plyometrics - 1-2 times per week 15 minute routine. mainly swings, single and double arm. Single Leg explosive jumps, speed skater, sand jumps and sprints. goal - power production 5. Composting and Gardening. 5-6 days per week, 1-3 hours per day, I volunteer on a farm which is a 15 minute walk each direction, I usually try to carry weight on my walk. Composting involves swinging a pitchfork and shovel which is a great workout and movement. Outside 6. Sauna 4-5 days per week. 20 minutes 7. Full Body Cryotherapy and Red Light Therapy. 4 days per week, 16 minutes move, move, move best of health, emmett https://www.thrive1.info/ Seasonally Skiing, Hiking, Mtn. Biking, anything outside, etc.

No comments: